jbmod for licensing source engine gofundme

Talk about anything you want, as long as it's about JBMod!
contrad3

jbmod for licensing source engine gofundme

Post by contrad3 »

We should make money raising campaign for jbmod licencing

What do you think?

Eg gofundme
D-113CR
Steam: 76561198219174052

Re: jbmod for licensing source engine gofundme

Post by D-113CR »

contrad3 wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2024 10:12 am We should make money raising campaign for jbmod licencing

What do you think?

Eg gofundme
not many people would wanna pay
contrad3

Post by contrad3 »

D-113CR wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 5:02 am
contrad3 wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2024 10:12 am We should make money raising campaign for jbmod licencing

What do you think?

Eg gofundme
not many people would wanna pay
Maybe but it's worth a shot? What do we have to lose?
NoCaps
Steam: nocapss

Post by NoCaps »

It's not a matter of money -- Valve just doesn't discuss or want to license the engine to Snakez or anyone else anymore really. They're too scared of leaks, There's always a chance they'll eventually come to some sort of agreement with him, but as of right now we just need to be hopeful [gaben]
Snakez (in Discord) wrote:valve's official stance is they don't do engine access anymore. previously they had people who took care of it sort of as personal projects, one of who passed away and others who left the company. now its handled by their legal team.
valve is trying to get out of the engine licensing game, they don't want to compete with unreal/unity and don't want to waste resources on it. there are discussions ongoing since before jbmod launched but whether anything happens or not, who knows
Snakez (in Discord) wrote:I was like "bro I'll pay your lawyers and mine to make this shit iron clad" and they told me to fuck off
contrad3

Post by contrad3 »

NoCaps wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 8:43 am It's not a matter of money -- Valve just doesn't discuss or want to license the engine to Snakez or anyone else anymore really. They're too scared of leaks, There's always a chance they'll eventually come to some sort of agreement with him, but as of right now we just need to be hopeful [gaben]
Snakez (in Discord) wrote:valve's official stance is they don't do engine access anymore. previously they had people who took care of it sort of as personal projects, one of who passed away and others who left the company. now its handled by their legal team.
valve is trying to get out of the engine licensing game, they don't want to compete with unreal/unity and don't want to waste resources on it. there are discussions ongoing since before jbmod launched but whether anything happens or not, who knows
Snakez (in Discord) wrote:I was like "bro I'll pay your lawyers and mine to make this shit iron clad" and they told me to fuck off
wow... thats sad ):

[suicide]