On Gamemodes and Events, Including JBDM

Talk about anything you want, as long as it's about JBMod!
jhris

On Gamemodes and Events, Including JBDM

Post by jhris »

TL;DR: gamemodes unique to JBMod. events and jams to excite the community. i love jbdm

I spent most of my hours playing JBDeathMatch (sorry JBMan, I know you like sandbox, judging from your awesome .cfg scripts). I would really like there to be a JBDM server again, along with other gamemodes. Sure, we could rip off Zombie Survival, Roleplay, Deathrun, etc., etc. But I think it would be cool to develop our own unique gamemodes! Some of us are mappers and (server plugin) scripters, so maybe we can work together to come up with fun gamemodes that are unique to JBMod and only JBMod. Map Jams, Gamemode Jams, or Play-Together Events would be great for uniting the community and developing cool user-generated content.

Do any of you have ideas for a gamemode unique to JBMod? I got nothin' atm. Feel free to show photos, screenshots, and game-design documents.
ImageImageImageImage
NoCaps
Steam: nocapss

Re: On Gamemodes and Events, Including JBDM

Post by NoCaps »

jhris wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 6:27 am But I think it would be cool to develop our own unique gamemodes!
we had a fucking awesome racing gamemode back in 2022/2023. [relt] programmed it and we called it Buggyracer. it was part of a much bigger project, JBTower, which eventually died out. it might possibly be coming back though. pumpkinworks is working on some maps for a lobby portion(?). check community content. i'm not sure of the specifics on it though, you'll have to ask him. all of the original dev team, which i was part of, still has the original plugins and source code so if we wanted we can bring it back anytime.
jhris wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 6:27 am we could rip off Zombie Survival
I tried making my own zombie survival gamemode once! it was one of those gamemodes where it's embedded in the map. it sucked though LOL

ALSO, we had soccer!!! oh my fucking god i nearly forgot about soccer. soccer was AWESOME. ask stressed cat in a box about that, he did all of the heavy lifting on that I think. you had two teams and you had to punt the ball with the gravity gun. it was genuinely incredible.
NoCaps
Steam: nocapss

Post by NoCaps »

I've just dug up a screenshot of soccer. It's quite an early one, the map got quite a bit more developed over time. I'm sure on my old hard drives there's some video of it, or someone else has some better screenshots, but it was all that came up when I typed soccer into our dev chat.
image.jpg
image.jpg (93.2 KiB) Viewed 76 times
It was quite fun actually! I'm going to ask stressed to bring it back now [awesome]
JBMan

Post by JBMan »

i did the cfg scripts cuz I LOVE JBMOD and couldnt stop playing it sandbox is fun but JBDM is more fun i would say :ugeek:
No means yes And yes means JBMod [jbguy]
jhris

Post by jhris »

NoCaps wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 6:33 am
jhris wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 6:27 am But I think it would be cool to develop our own unique gamemodes!
we had a loving awesome racing gamemode back in 2022/2023. [relt] programmed it and we called it Buggyracer. it was part of a much bigger project, JBTower, which eventually died out. it might possibly be coming back though. pumpkinworks is working on some maps for a lobby portion(?). check community content. i'm not sure of the specifics on it though, you'll have to ask him. all of the original dev team, which i was part of, still has the original plugins and source code so if we wanted we can bring it back anytime.
jhris wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 6:27 am we could rip off Zombie Survival
I tried making my own zombie survival gamemode once! it was one of those gamemodes where it's embedded in the map. it sucked though LOL

ALSO, we had soccer!!! oh my loving god i nearly forgot about soccer. soccer was AWESOME. ask stressed cat in a box about that, he did all of the heavy lifting on that I think. you had two teams and you had to punt the ball with the gravity gun. it was genuinely incredible.
Buggyracer, JBTower, Zombie Survival, and Soccer, huh?

That's pretty cool! I'm very interested in JBTower. I've seen his screenshots. It looks great. I should PM him sometime. I would love to try Soccer though! [awesome]
ImageImageImageImage